Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Adventure Dog Tuesday: Winter Woofs

Hello, Sadie Nation!

Well, the snow is finally here.  Whether or not you enjoy the fact that it's here, you decide!  Maybe you don't get snow where you live- we get quite a bit.  Mom, Dad and I don't mind the snow, because we're Midwest natives.

One of my first times out on the deck.

Mom thinks I'm crazy, but I love laying in the snow and chewing on sticks.
What are some things we want to do in the snow this Winter?

Mom wants to learn how to cross-country ski.  She's embarrassed that she has lived in Minnesota her entire life and has not learned how!  She downhill skis like a pro, but x-country skis? The closest she has come is a Nordic Track.

"Smile for the camera!"
Mom says I could be a fox!
After Mom learns how to x-country ski, all three of us want to learn more about this sport called "ski-joring".  We see people do it, we know people who do it, but we need to do a little research into the art of how to get good at it.  Our goal? To not become one with the trees! He he.

I could live in the snow!
Having way too much fun!
We also want to go snow-shoeing.  We have pretty trails and lakes by our house, so we thought it would be kind of fun to get out in the nice white powder and enjoy it.

Trot, trot, trot...
Love me a good stick, no matter what season!
Think a dog could learn to sled? Maybe we'll give it a try! ;-)

What are your favorite things to do in Winter?  Or, do you even get snow in winter? 

Adventure Dog Blog Hop
This post is part of the Adventure Dog blog hop, hosted by DOGthusiast, YouDidWhatWithYourWeiner.com, and Tiffany's Diamond Dogs every Tuesday.

20 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    When aunty was a much younger pupple, she too loved all these things (well maybe not the ski-ing...that story doesn't end well...) but now the legs are wobbly, participation would have to be observational only! I look forward to 'observing' you dear Sadie!!! Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BOL! We're trying our hardest to make the best of the snow we have- maybe it'll stick around, maybe it won't. One thing I DO hope is that this 13 degree stuff will go away! Bosses don't like to go outside and play with me when it's that cold!!!

      Delete
  2. Have fun in snow pup, but keep those paws warm :-) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're trying! I might have to bust out the dog booties- even the wind is chilly!

      Delete
  3. I just want to know if I can stop by your place later today. We missed the snow and got mostly ice south of the cities which really stinks. We were so hoping for a good snowstorm! You are such a lucky dog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do! The grass is covered, so there's probably still about 3 inches or so. Come on over! :-P We're a little bummed that we didn't get the massive amounts as the weather guys said. But oh well, there's plenty more time for that to show up! :)

      Delete
  4. WE only like to turn SNOW..... from White to YELLOW... WE are NOT fans of the stuffs at all.... Dachshunds are 70 Degree dogs. With SHORT legs... if you get our "DRIFT".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BOL! Too true! I like to eat the snow. :) I'm sure jumping around in the snow would be tough with short little legs like yours!

      Delete
  5. Crikey Sadie ..... that sure looks beautiful AND fun!! I've never seen snow and probably won't EVER see it. I sure would like to though. Funny, aye?? Its autumn for you and it looks like winter and for me its spring but it's more like summer. We have already had bush fires, the grass is turning brown from lack of rain and worst of all we are expecting a day or two or maybe even 3 in the high 40's this week. Oh and that's 40C not F. That's even too hot for the beach, aye??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 40C, holy cow. That's pretty steamy! I'm not so sure we'd survive in that heat- we don't mind the chilly weather, until it hits 0F. Yikes. Maybe we can send you some snow so you can experience the beauty and fun for yourself! :)

      Delete
  6. Hi Sadie and kitties! We just came by to welcome you. You'll live Blogville, it's a great place! We don't get much snow here. You look like you're having a wonderful time!

    Waggies,
    Braeden, Seth and Riley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Thanks for stopping by- we're having a blast over here, in Blogville and the snow! It's a great combination! :)

      Delete
  7. That looks like so much fun! We're Floridians though, so we'd freeze. :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ruh roh! Don't freeze, please! Maybe you can get a nice ride through the snow on my back- I'm kinda tall. Pack a jacket though, I don't want you to turn into a freezie pop!

      Delete
  8. We don't get snow either...but those sounds like some fun adventures!!
    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely fun and a change of pace, going from running in grass to running in snow! It usually doesn't change over this quickly, but apparently this year it is! Yikes! Enjoy your day!

      Delete
  9. I really want to try skijoring, too! I hope you get a chance to try it this winter!
    Becoming one with the trees is definitely one of the greatest potential problems in my mind, but Chewy usually sticks to the trail when we go hiking, so maybe he'll stay on the snow paths?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping so- the equipment is a little spendy, but maybe Santa will be generous and provide for us this winter ;-) I'll need to practice my "leave it" command before we go on the trails....we might be able to avoid the tree-smashing then ;-)

      Delete
  10. Oh. My. Goodness. I just can't relate (this weekend, our Napa adventure included temps into the mid 80s!) I would *LOVE* snow just about now, not to mention all that fun to be had evidenced by those lovely photos!

    That pounce is *adorable*!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, wow, mid-80's sound so fantastic! Snow is so much fun, though...it's nice to have the privilege to experience all the weather elements in Minnesota. Except that nasty windchill- that could go away. ;-)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! You're "paw"some. I do my best to respond to my "fan mail" within 24 hours of it being received, but please be patient- my paws are pretty clumsy at the keyboard! :)